Thursday, January 15, 2009

I got a telephone call from my friend Julia today asking me if I could take her out to pick up her car in Jacksonville. I obliged, and on our way out there she told me some interesting story about her college roommate in Salisbury. This particular broad she lives supposedly met her boyfriend on some free online dating site. First of all, I think online dating is one of the most pathetic things ever invented. Your basically admitting to the entire website, that you lack the means necessary to make someone out there find you attractive. It really isn't that hard. Go to a bar on a Friday or Saturday night, watch the people in there, and you will find out that some of the most awful human beings and most awful looking human beings are always finding romance. Nevertheless, I'm getting away from the story. Not only did this girl resort to online dating, she went to a free dating site. So basically besides already admitting that they lack social skills these people are also saying they are cheap bastards and dames as well. However, this relationship gets better. This guy lives in Virginia, the girl in Salisbury, so not only did they meet online but now they are in a long distance relationship with someone they met online. This was blowing my mind. To top it off this clown tells his girlfriend he doesn't even like to talk on the phone. So there only form of communication is through text messaging. They do talk on the phone on occasion though, when they want to have phone sex.


I made a decision today that I'm going to read 100 books by the end of 2009. Well, actually 98. I read two books before the start of the new year and their going to be on my list. I guess you could consider this my new years resolution, but I don't believe in new year resolutions, I believe there stupid and just a method insecure people use to make them feel better about themselves. No offense to anyone who does make new years resolutions though, those are just my beliefs. No one in the world will testify that all of my beliefs are correct and sounded in stone. I may also give up video games and sell my playstation3.

No comments: