Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Socially Inept Roberto Benigni


I had to run a few errands today, and as I was out and about, I pulled into a parking lot in Towson, and was instantly approached by a short Italian man. He started by asking me if I had jumper cables, because his car needed a jump, and I was willing to oblige. Once I moved my car to a more convenient spot to make this procedure a possibility, I began conversing with this short fellow and found him to be quite odd. Basically, imagine a socially inept and socially awkward Roberto Benigni. He was going on and on about his intense dislike for the parking attendant of the certain lot both of our motor vehicles were vacating. His displeasure for the parking attendant had become so extreme, that he felt the need to place a sign, stating "Fuck U Parking Man!" in big, black letters. He than proceeded to recommend that I do the same and even offered me his marker and yellow paper to make it official. However, I did not find this necessary and told him that I would be on my way. With his car now running, he slowly got back into his old broken down Volvo, nervous tick and all, and simply relocated his car to the parking lot across the street, which was in a chiropractor's office, with huge signs posted by Pollard's, and wandered back into Cafe Zen. I do not know how the rest of his day turned out, or if his battles and disregard for the parking lot attendant were ever solved.

I just got a message from Booboo, telling me about a certain photo she had posted on Steve's facebook page, and how I should check it out because it would be an awesome idea for Halloween. She posted several pictures of Aborigines and noted that Bobby, Creech, Jamal, Smedium, Steve, and I should all dress up as Aborigines for Halloween next year. For some reason, she thinks this would be absolutely hysterical. But, in my mind, Halloween is not typically celebrated during the warmest time of year, so the weather would be an issue, as we would all be nearly naked. Secondly, besides Jamal, the rest of us have a distinct disadvantage when it comes to correctly resembling an Aborigine. Also, on that note, some people may find us changing our color to be disrespectful and offensive, if they weren't already offended by our nearly naked bodies. And finally, what the hell would prompt someone on the first day of April, to think of Halloween outfits and Aborigines. In her defense though, last Halloween, Creech did dress up as a mail order Russian bride, and I was his date. So I guess that's saying something. The best part about that dress though was as the two of us were walking from Corey's house to Nate's for his wedding, a small child, out doing her trick or treating, looked at Creech and said "Its Santa Claus!" Her older brother, who was probably no older than nine, looked back at her, and said "That ain't no damn Santa, that a drag queen." It was priceless.

Well, I have a lot more to say, but due to time constraints, and the guidelines laid down by the Baltimore County judiciary system, I must be on my way.

No comments: