Friday, March 27, 2009

Jessicca Biel and Baseball


Thanks to the rain, the struggling economy, and various other reasons beyond my control, I basically got paid Thursday night to watch basketball. The Pittsburgh-Xavier game was specifically intriguing, coming down to the final minutes. Pitt pulled it out, thanks to an incredible deep three by Levance Fields. I don't know if it is just me, but does Fields remind anyone else of Khalid El Amin? A short, pudgy, senior point guard, who does a good job of ball control, hits the big shot, lets the stars do their work, and plays with grit and fire.

Opening Day is rapidly approaching and I am still trying in desperation to land myself a set of tickets. I'm damn near tempted to pay some asshole off Craigslist, 90 bucks for two standing room seats, as tickets seem to be hard to come by. If all goes as planned though, I will be at Sliders or Pickels around noon, enjoying the pregame festivities, and madness because it will probably be the only day all year the Orioles are tied for first place. Last Opening Day, I survived a near death experience, got weirded out by Jen and Siobhan's intense crush on Kevin Millar, bounced around multiple bars, and drank beers with a man dressed like an American flag. Upon returning home to Towson, I was even more pumped because I thought Booboo was having a party, with tons of free beer and lots of hot girls, turns out none of this was true, and Creech just wanted to watch re-runs of The Hills. I in turn, went to sleep on the couch, because a pitchfork to my foot is probably more amusing and definitely more interesting thanThe Hills.

Oh, I am also looking for someone to go to Opening Day with, so if you don't mind most likely overpaying for a ticket, actually read my pointless ramblings, and will root for the Orioles, because the Yankees define all that is evil in society, well than holla at yer boy.

I have been talking lots of baseball lately, with basically anyone who will listen, and the other day at work, I began talking with a customer about the Cape Cod league. The Cape Cod league, is an amatuer baseball league, where many college stars play during the summer. It is basically everything that defines baseball and the true greater points of the game. At some point during our conversation, and this guy actually knew what he was talking about, the movie Summer Catch came up. This guy said he was a little bit embarrassed to be bringing up a movie he likes that features Freddie Prinze Jr as the star, but he couldn't help himself. I looked at it in a completly different way though, how can a movie about baseball with Jessicca Biel, at least not be worth mentioning from time to time. Seriously, baseball and Jessicca Biel, that's all you need, really, I'm sold.

You know it's a totally awesome, raging, out of control, insane, one for the ages, Friday night when at 2 in the morning, I am blogging, and facebook chatting with Steve Shaver. Holla!!

No comments: