Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day and Birthdays


The best day of the year has now come and passed, and it honestly couldn't have gone much better. Despite a few battles with mother nature, everything went according to plan, and the troublesome weather was expected, so therefore, prepared for quite adequately. I saw Stills for a quick minute, but once I ventured into Sliders, I turned around and he had vanished. Vanishing acts are quite frequent on a day like Opening Day, it wasn't something he should be ashamed of, although he did miss a shot of Cintron, which I know Andy tends to be a big fan of. Jamal was decked out in his usual American flag decor, which seemed to help him make friends quite easily as he was passing through the sea of black and orange. He even was able to make friends with some Yankee fans who were generous enough to donate a few free shots of Jager to us. They didn't seem quite as friendly during the game though or even after the game, that's a different story though. At one point we even wandered off from the main crowd and were able to convince a few higher uppers in the Best Buy franchise, who were escaping the pressures of the work place by inhaling tobacco products, to allow us into their convention so we could use the lavatories. Eventually, I found my way into the stadium, and was quite pleased with the results. Jeremy Guthrie, looked far different, than the Jeremy Guthrie who was playing for Team USA. Adam Jones, is a all-star in the making, and Ceasar Isturiz matched his home run total from all of last year with an 8th inning dinger. I at times, may have been a belligerent asshole to the Yankee fans in front of me, but they deserved everything they got, although they probably would have been more pleased if I stuck to napping rather than cheering, but that's not the way it worked out. After the game, there were plenty more shenanigans outside of Sliders, plenty of Scores girls, and plenty of boh's.

Do you think somewhere, well probably in New York, Yankee fans are a little bit worried that they just dropped 160 million dollars for an overweight pitcher who can't pitch in the postseason?


Also, wasn't it just priceless to see Mark Texiera, go 0-4 in his Yankee debut amidst all the boos. And than in his post game interview he said something about how in a perfect world he would be an Oriole. What a clown. Actually, priceless probably isn't the word I should have used there, that O-fer probably cost the Yankees about 100 grand.

I awoke this morning to a text message from Jacquie, saying that Wednesday is the celebration of the best day ever- the birth of Jacquie. And while I might disagree on the validity of that statement, Opening Day and a few others are pretty significant days, it definitely deserves mention. So I guess if your around the Fells Point area come to The Horse, hopefully this time I will leave with my shoes.

No comments: