Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Towson Town Fest and the Crease Gets Creepy


This past weekend was Towson Town fest and I think it nearly ruined my life. It was the first time in several months, quite possibly, even since the three of us lived together that I teamed up with both Creech and Smedium, and when you combine the three of us it is far from a terrific trio. Even Bob the Builder came out to completely ensure all members of the 600 Highland Avenue household were in attendance, and anytime Bob the Builder makes a public appearance, good times are bound to happen. All we needed was Lou to really light things off, although there were no covers to hide under as he was banging on the door, so it's probably good that didn't happen. There was this band called Amish Outlaws that was rocking out the beer garden, and they are quite possibly the greatest band I've ever seen. Anytime you can witness a band dressed in Amish attire rocking out to Baby Got Back, you know you must be having a good time, or you have been drinking heavily, one or the other is a true statement. Somewhere Sir-Mix-A-Lot should be proud. After the concert came to an end, things started to go downhill rather quickly, as we went barhopping throughout Towson. At one point we lost Smedium, only to find out he was taking a nap in my bed, I vanished from Fridays and due to every indication from my online banking it appears I found a Redbox Dvd although there is no movie in sight, and Creech tried to spend the night and make it to work in Calvert County, and with the night of fun he had, missing work was all but unavoidable.

I was at the Towson Town fest for a minute on Saturday as well although Saturday was far from as eventful. I did get dared by Smedium and Allie though to dance with a rather large woman with no teeth for two free beers and felt the desire to oblige. Although when she leaned in for a make out session my dancing days were over. But, I did get two free beers and two free beers is well, two free beers.

While visiting Planet Fitness yesterday evening, I noticed that they have signs across the gym encouraging Monday night as pizza night, and that just kind of confused me. Now while I am a huge fan of eating pizza, in fact I probably am about to do so, I would never have expected a gym to encourage such a thing. Could you ever imagine walking into a bar and seeing signs posted for a chips and soda night? Probably not. I figure there kinda on the same lines.

The idea of a chips and soda night at a bar, brings me back a few years. Several years ago, I was out and about the Towson area, barhopping with Corey and we decided to venture over to the Crease. Upon our arrival, there were parents sitting at tables with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and chips and dip. Beyond the parents, there was a large group of kids that seemed to be no older than sixteen dancing away. Well you might have been able to call it dancing, it was an attempt. In all honesty, I could have gotten out on that dance floor, shown off my moves, and the girls would have probably flocked to me, cause I was lighting up the dance floor compared to what is out there, and that is a bold statement. A very bold statement. Because farm boys in Iowa, probably have better dance moves than I do. But call Corey I guarantee you everything I have just said is true. It was by far one of the creepiest things, I have ever seen upon walking into a bar. Needless to say, the two of us did not stick around and soon were on our way elsewhere.

Did anyone watch the Caps-Penguins game last night and honestly not utter these exact words? Alex Fuckin Ovechkin!

No comments: