Friday, May 1, 2009

There are Few Things I Know In Life, But This Is One



When Derrick Rose stepped to the foul line last night, did anyone else have flashbacks to the NCAA championship when Rose and CDR consistently missed crucial free throw after crucial free throw and basically handed Kansas the national championship? Now, I don't know what the spread was last night, but it's quite possible that Rose once again pissed off degenerate gamblers across the nation last night. Either way, the series is really one for the ages, and I am still kinda mystified as to how he recovered enough to block Rondo's shot in the final seconds. Game 7 should be a classic. I'm going with the Celtic's though, at least to pull off the W.

Tomorrow, Alexander the Great and Sid the Kid, begin battle. While, we have just witnessed what may be one of the greatest opening rounds to the NBA playoffs, this series should do the very same for the NHL. We have the three greatest players in the NHL, squaring off in the second round, and it should provide for some pretty entertaining hockey to say the least. This could very well be the most entertaining hockey series since the late 90's, when the Colorado Avalanche and Detroit Red Wings were battling it on a frequent basis. Gotta love some Claude Lemieux action.

I got one of those stupid little survey questions via Facebook from Damon today, asking me if I was worried about this whole swine flu epidemic that is spreading across the nation. I clicked no, and was soon on my way. And in all serious, I truthfully have more concern about whether or not the Orioles win tonight or when we will eventually rock out a large group to the laser tag facility me and Steve discovered this week, than the swine flu. I'm sorry if that makes me sound like a unconcerned asshole, but it's the honest to god truth.

This is probably one of my least interesting entries I have put forth in a while, but there's comes a time when you are going to have that. Now,there are a few things I know in life, and there are a few things I know when it comes to those who read my blog. I know there are avid readers who follow my blog on a regular basis, and to those who do good for you. I also realize there are others who tend to read my blog on a far less regular basis. Chances are they take a glimpse at the title, the opening picture, or just scroll up and down looking for their name or one of their freind's name and than just read that paragraph. Now, I have no problem with these people, in fact I am probably a huge fan of all of them. But, as I previously mentioned, there are few things I know in life and I am about to tell all of you on of those things. There is no reason, whatsoever, that there should be a picture today on my blog of a topless Matthew McConaughey. But I can guarantee you one thing, and that one thing is about one of my readers. When Creech, logged onto the internet and took a glimpse at my blog today, he read the entire blog, top to bottom. Even if he did just speed read through the whole entry, he definitely viewed it top to bottom because a topless Matthew McConaughey was the featured picture. That is all.

No comments: