Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Pity The Fool


Maybe it's just the outfit, but in my mind, there are some definite similarities between Jamal and one of America's greatest heroes, the legendary, Mr.T. Mr. T threw out the first pitch at the Cubs game this past weekend, and I must say if Jamal was the one jogging out to the mound in Wrigley, not many people would be able to tell the difference. The first pitch only helped with the validity of the statement, as the strength of Mr. T's left arm, seems to have diminished distinctly since his day's as Clubber Lang and a member of the A-Team. I feel well assured that Jamal could go southpaw for a moment and throw an equally as imposing pitch across the mound. Now, if somewhere around the third or fourth inning, Mr.T were to tell the finer members of the Cubs organization he had to "go home and walk his dog like a grown ass man" I may just admit defeat and proclaim that Mr. T and Jamal are one in the same.

Friday night a new era begins in Baltimore. The man proclaimed as "Mike Piazza with a throwing arm," will make his first start in an Orioles jersey, and I will most definitely be in attendance. I may even have to drastically reduce my time spent at Pickles or Sliders, to assure, that I am a witness of Matt Wieter's first official-at-bat. I know Stills will be in attendance with Damon, Dan, and Mary and that crew alone is one for the ages. Especially considering that in the past month or so I have moved up from not being allowed to say hello to Mary to being permitted to socialize with her as long as I am not embarrassing.

This is my 50th entry, and after 49 entries, it is about time my main man Mike Marozza finally merits some recognition. Without his help, I may have stayed in the Towson area this past Memorial Day Weekend, but thanks to Mike, I was able to pack my bags and travel east. Not only does the man have a nice lil condo within walking distance to the fabulous A.O., but the dude knows how to party, has his own business card, and does a good job of calming down his girlfriend just enough to where I can maintain my spot on the couch. Because, if it were up to his girlfriend, I would have been sleeping on the porch Sunday night, and even with the activities that went on this weekend, at no point in time, did Marozza's porch seem like a relaxing place to call it a night. To top things off, he should be in attendance at the O's game Friday and his mother makes a damn good pork tenderloin.

As I just mentioned this marks my 50th blog entry, so I give a thank you to all those who read it and find it somewhat amusing, it helps pass the time.

Going back to this weekend, there lives a man, in Ocean City, somewhere in the vicinity of 14th street and Coastal Highway, who probably thought to himself this past weekend. "Damn that kid, is having one hell of a weekend" as Andy probably darted across Coastal Highway carrying well over 150 beers throughout the course of the weekend. For some reason, Stills always happened to take the job as beer man, and deservedly so, because let's just say the man knows how to drink some beer.

No comments: