Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Manu Ginobli Impersonates Van Helsing


Recently, the popular social networking site known as Facebook, has really started to irritate me. It's gotten to the point, where I have even debated deleting the whole thing in general. Seriously, they keep giving me advice on people to reconnect with or poke in an attempt to make facebook better, and to be quite honest, I'm more likely to become the spokesperson for PETA, than I am to establish some desire to reconnect to some of these people or poke some guy who was in my eighth grade health class. Social networking, it's silly.

Speaking of PETA, they've managed to make news again in the sporting world. This time, they are up in arms against Manu Ginobli for swatting down a bat during the middle of the Spurs-Kings game. In a statement released to the press, PETA accused Ginobli of not having a heart for a humbler animal and thats just silly. Now, I have never met Manu so I couldn't tell you if he has a good heart or not, but in my mind, and hopefully in the minds of any respectable human being, swatting down a flying bat that is interfering with your health and work, is not a sign of a despicable human being. Oh and just for the record, Manu had to get vaccinated after the game, so both the human and the bat suffered, at least the bat looked cool on instant replay though. As for the whole highlight, I'd put it a few notches below the time when the Big Unit crushed a pigeon with a fastball, that was awesome.

I watched the first episode of this new television show "The League" on FX and it was actually pretty comical. It basically revolves around a bunch of thirty-somethings who take fantasy football too seriously and their upcoming fantasy football season. At times it may seem a bit unrealistic and over dramatic, but it's almost dead on. If you don't believe me go to a bar on Sunday that has Sunday Ticket and watch the number of pathetic guys getting over-excited for that last minute touchdown in garbage time, and you will realize the validity of the show. The sad thing is though, I'm making fun of fantasy football players, when I run my own league, and play in three others, so I guess I'm just as pathetic, but oh well, it helps me pass the time.

No comments: