Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve and a High School Reunion



I signed into that website where people like to do silly things suck as poke people and noticed an invitation to my six and a half year high school reunion. For reasons I can't explain, my graduating class decided to go against the social norm and not have the typical five year reunion. It probably has something to do with just the general laziness of 20 somethings, but either way,someone decided to make up for lost time and schedule one after nearly seven years. As of now, I'm not 100% sure if I will be attending or not. I don't really see the point, I still socialize with a good majority of my high school classmates on a regular basis. Typically, I see them out at the bars on the weekends or square up against them in fantasy football. Plus, there's the fact that Towson High basically has an annual high school reunion in Towson on Thanksgiving Eve, at one of the various bars located along York Road and
that night is rapidly approaching.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, Turkey Day will be the one year anniversary of my blog and it was the events of last Thanksgiving Eve that led me to starting this damn thing. When an unknown female kindly pulls out of her way to offer you a ride home and Creech runs around the bar screaming about screwing fat chicks, one's creativity just reaches new levels. In fact, I spent the majority of my blog devoted to this dame who is so willing to offer complete strangers a ride home. I also spent some time talking about the Lions and it appears that once again they will be getting their asses handed to them on Thanksgiving. So I guess all I need is for another completely random chic to offer me a ride home and it will be an exact repeat of last year. Because the likelihood of me walking home as a result of taking one too many shots with Pat and Andy is very high. The Lions will also most likely lose, and it is pretty safe to say that Creech will also once again find a way to make an ass of himself.


NBA action is now in full swing and there's a kid in Milwaukee who has been lighting up the scoreboard. After spending a year playing basketball in Rome, Brandon Jennings is taking the NBA by storm. His game is somewhat reminiscent of Nick Van Exel, but unlike Van Exel, Jennings actually passes the ball from time to time. In fact, he's succeeded at making Andrew Bogut seem like a viable option at center. And when you have the ability to make a 6"9 center from Austrailia succeed in the Nba, you can flat out ball.

No comments: