Friday, November 20, 2009

A Poker Game Where the Jacoby's Would be Considered High Rollers


I believe it was January of last year when I wrote about playing a $5 poker game with the Jacoby's. Since that night, I've been invited over on several occasions by Luke to once again join in on some underground gambling, but for some reason or another, I have yet to make it out to one of these outings. To be quite honest, I would most definitely there again, the Jacoby's are truly some some good people, and poker is always entertaining, even if it is an utterly pointless game. Nevertheless, the other day, I decided to log onto my Full Tilt poker account, for mere shits and giggles. After signing in, I noticed that I actually had 97 cents to my name. So I did the only thing reasonable one could do on Full Tilt with a 97 cent bankroll, I played a game of no limit Texas Hold Em with the blinds at one and two cents. It didn't take long for me to pick up on the silliness of this game. The most amusing thing here, was the utter morons who would somehow find a way to get pissed off when their Kings or Aces were cracked by 2-7 off-suit. They would bitch and bitch like a bunch of Eagles fans regarding Andy Reid's inexplicable clock management. They would complain about playing with "donkeys" and type ridiculous comments into chat room. Eventually, I got busted by one of these so called "donkeys" and was forced to leave the game, just 32 cents short of 6 bucks, which would have been enough to gain entry into a decent tournament, where one could make some actual money. I'm not going to tell you the whole bad beat story, because I'm quite convinced that one part of hell is made up of people telling you their bad beat stories.I guess what I'm trying to say is poker is quite the silly game, and if you want to bitch about "poor play" at least go to a game that is not full of broke desperate people or a game where a significant raise is 15 cents, because even the Jacoby's will raise a quarter.

I've noticed a lot of people have shown excitement over the Ravens recent decision to part ways with kicker Steven Hauschka and I can see where there coming from but I don't totally agree. Granted, Hauschka had his obvious problems, but cutting Hauschka left the Ravens with a hole in their roster and I don't think Billy Cundiff is the solution to the Ravens problems. Cundiff, who most recently played for the Cleveland Browns, goes through jobs in the NFL like I go through jobs in the greater Baltimore metropolitan area and if theres a starter on the Ravens with a work history comparable to that of my own, well we got issues.

No comments: