Monday, August 31, 2009

If He Can Do That With Only One Ball.......


Certain people have the ability to gather massive amounts of hype and exposure from the mere idea of their sole presence. Just take a look at the whole Brett Favre ordeal, the man's possible return to the NFL was one of the main topics in the world of sports media throughout the whole summer. Another person who has reached that pinnacle of fame visited Baltimore this weekend. After several unfulfilled promises, and much speculation, the Pharmacist finally graced Baltimore with his presence. While my time spent with the pharmacist was limited, he was able to live up to all the hype. Whether it was his obnoxiously loud consumption of Sun Chips that led to my abrupt awakening at 5 in the morning as to the overall safety of 615 South Curley street or his in-depth discussion of the finer details of his retail business, amusement was never far behind. As a result of his trip, an abunduance of girls in the Towson area have been sexually harrassed by Steve in a attempt to get the Pharmacist laid, and as one would would expect, there were supposedly quite a few takers. I mean, any man who boldy rocks an Albert Einstein shirt to the bar, should be able to pull off mad trim.

Speaking of mad trim, any man who rocks a pink bandanna, neon green button down, while blaring Ja Rule in a 1980's convertible mustang, should not be able to pull down mad trim. Although he may still be eating burritos at the Chipotle next to Pasta Mista and Panera on Boston Street, where I supposedly ate a numerous amount of times last summer, and not quite trying to pull down mad trim. Either way it's just a thought.

The football season is rapidly approaching us and the fantasy action is starting to heat up. At weekend's end, I found myself one draft down, with two to go. Unfourtunately, there were some technical difficulties on Sunday and Big Body and I were forced to resort to the Yahoo defualt league, but I will make do.

Speaking of Brett Favre, football, and fantasy football, come week 8, when the Vikings travel to Lambeau, I'd reccomend inserting the man who once pursued Cameron Diaz into the starting lineup. Brett Favre, in Green Bay, in a Viking uniform seems to equal bad news for the Packers, at least in my mind.

I recently finished reading Lance Armstrong's book "It's Not About the Bike" with Sally Jenkins and must say I reccomend to anyone that is literate. It's a quick read and it actually made me develop an interest in competitive biking. Any man who can dominate his sport like none other, survive cancer, and pull off Sheryl Crow deserves two thumbs up in my book. Now, it's on to reading about the trials and tribulations of Donald Trump.

No comments: