Friday, August 7, 2009

Michael Vick and a Run-In with A Former Roommate


Every time I turn I've turned on ESPN recently there has been someone debating the whereabouts of where Michael Vick will play next season. I've heard mention of every team from the Dolphins to the Cowboys to the Patriots and Packers. There has even been talk of him joining up with J.P. Losman and heading to the USFL. Now, my personal thought on the whole Vick thing, is I hope the guy never plays another game of football in the United States. To be quite frank, I'd much rather see Bill Romanowski make a return to the game, and we all certainly know if he does return to the NFL, PITA will throw a tantrum that would put even Tourette's guy to shame. Nevertheless, I have come up with an idea that should keep everyone happy, from Vick to PITA, to your average football team. Michael Vick can use some of that money earned from his illegal dogfights on start a new football league in Vietnam. THE VFL, Vietnamese Football League, he could be the league's poster boy, and we all certainly know, in Vietnam, they have no problem killing dog's.

Speaking of ESPN and the National Football League, Michael Crabtree has been getting lots of attention recently. The "adviser" for the former Red Raider is claiming that Crabtree is planning on sitting out the 09 season and re-entering the draft in 2010. Supposedly, Crabtree believes he warrants top 5 money, even though he wasn't a top 5 pick and wasn't even the first receiver taken off the board. So in a attempt to earn more money, he will sit out a season, lose out on valuable experience, perhaps play in the USFL with Losman or maybe start up the VFL with Vick, and somehow become a more valuable commodity than he is now. In my mind it just doesn't add up, I am adding two and two together and just not getting four. I am however, beginning to wonder if his "adviser" is in fact the same David Wells, who claimed he threw his perfect game while blackedout, and he has just not sobered up enough to face the reality that is an NFL orginazation.

I was out and about today and ran into a former colleague of mine at the bank. Well, to be honest, this man is hardly a former colleague of mine, but I was forced to spend a few weekends with Giovanni, and they are most certainly weekends I will never forget. Giovanni, was an electrician and I met him on a Friday evening after five in June of 2008. At the time, the county played a hand in determining where Giovanni and I spent our weekends, and I am quite pleased that they no longer have that privledge and now have the freedom to choose where I can go on the weekends but as I was talking to ol' Giovanni he seemed to disagree with me whole heartedly. Supposedly, life was never better for Giovanni than the thirteen weekends he had to spend under the supervision of Baltimore County correctional officers. He claimed that just like last summer, he worked his ass off from sun up to sun down Monday through Friday as a general contractor, eexcept now he returns home only to have more housework, more bitching from his wife, and less fun. As for last year, every Thursday night, ol' Giovanni's wife was giving up the pussy on the regular. In fact his words were "every Thursday, I used to have that shit handed to me on a silver platter, now the bitch won't even look at me, so I'm stuck watching re-runs of Baywatch till 3 in the morning on the weekends." Not too mention, he was quite displeased that he no longer had time to play cards with the guys, watch movies, and enjoy a meal on someone else's tab. I don't know the lifestyle wasn't for me, but maybe it's more suited for a guy like Giovanni.

Speaking of jail, the word on the street is baby Creech's release date is rapidly approaching. I believe it's somewhere around the 22nd of August, and I will most certainly do whatever it take's to make sure I am there for the celebration. I mean hell, the last time I drank beers with the kid, Smedium got lit up like the 4th of July, and I was running down Dulaney Valley diving beyond barriers to avoid getting shot at by an unlicensed cab driver with a teardrop tattoo. Throw in the fact that kid has already made a claim that if he has no female options at last call hes willing to hit up the 275 pound woman, well, let's just say it should be one for the ages.

No comments: