Friday, February 27, 2009

Just some Thursday night at the Kent




I was talking to my main man Jason last night, who still has a problem remembering my name for some reason, even though I have met him on numerous occasions, and I was referring to how people never cease to amaze me. Honestly, most of the time, I don't even have to say a word, I could just sit back in my chair, watch people interact with one another, and most likely I will be able to find some sort of amusement. Take last night for instance, I stopped in at the Kent Lounge and I don't really think I said more than ten words to any specific person, but yet somehow, I managed to keep myself amused just by watching people interact with one another.

First, there was Alex and he had his mind set on making friends with a certain lady in a shiny shirt. Now, while there are always numerous girls at the bar with shiny shirts on, he had a specific interest in a blond haired one with a knack for stealing lighters. I think eventually he followed her to BLounge or something. He probably had to make a pit stop on the way though, so he could pick up a bottle of hair gel, a t-shirt that is four sizes to small so his pecs and biceps would look bigger, and a few gold medailions, before entering BLounge because I think that's part of the dress code there or something, I'm not exactly sure, because I usually try and stay away from places like that.

Than, there was Julia and she was even more entertaining than Alex. She was even more intoxicated too, which upon my arrival, seemed hard to do. I kinda have to give it to her though, somehow in her intoxicated state, she managed to come up with a drunken stagger that seemed like a walk, dance, and stupor all rolled into one. She also was obsessed with finding Siobhan and convincing some random girl that she was in love with some dude. I/m hoping she knows who the girl was, because I haven't the slightest clue. Although, if she didn't know who it was, it may make it that much more entertaining. Eventually, I got the job of trying to track down Siobhan, who also seemed to have this same stagger, and she stole my Ravens hat because she was convinced she looked sexier in it than I do, which in my opinion and Stilling's was true.

Even a few members of the dream team made a late appearance as one would know that is certainly entertaining in itself. They said hello to me and I had to walk through the midst of angry, pissed off guys, that were hovering over them, who had probably spent the whole night buying them drinks and now were wondering why I was so special to get all of the attention. Really, it wasn't that hard and I soon bowed out of the competition and let the crowd of hovering guys get back to what they do best.

The other day, I was at work, and my buddy Curlee, kept bothering me to buy him a "fodie" and lend him twenty bucks so he could drunk with his "homies." I kept ignoring him, because the only time I have ever seen the kid drink, was when I brought him to a party at Aaron Payne's. The next thing I know, I'm walking into work the next day, and getting yelled at by both of his aunt's, who I also work with, because Curlee stayed at the party till the wee hours of the morning, got kicked out for hitting on guys, and woke up on a curb somewhere in Towson, only to be taken to the hospital. Somehow, this was my fault, so I stayed away from the offer of lending him 20 bucks to get drunk with his "homies" and buying him a "fodie."

Before, I went out last night, I was playing NBA 2k9 on my playstation, when my Dad comes down the stairs. He has a movie in his hands and says "This one's pretty good, you should check it out." He than proceeds to toss the movie on the couch and walk up the stairs. The movie was Failure to Launch.

No comments: