Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thanks For Playing


I was out and about yesterday afternoon, when I received a glorious phone call. The phone call was from my main man Stills and he informed me that if I could behave myself and act as a responsible adult, I would have the opportunity to receive four free tickets to the O's game. After assuring Stills that I possessed the skills necessary to function as a mature and responsible adult, I was given the number of some lady named Susan who had four tickets. Immediately, I called this lady and was soon on my way to Roland Park to pick them up. Now, around this time the sky was rather gray and the percentage of heavy rain was quite high, but nonetheless, this did not come in my way of taking up an opportunity to receive free tickets to watch the Orioles play baseball. With four tickets now in my sole possession, I now had one responsibility remaining. Find 3 people that want to go. I spent some time making phone calls, and to my dismay, I found out that your average person worries way too much about the rain when it comes to baseball. Seriously, it's just rain, nothing but a little water, it really shouldn't ruin your day. Nevertheless, finding people to go became quite troublesome, and I couldn't make use of all four tickets, but, I got a hold of Siobhan and she was no pushover like every one else I talked to and she came through like a champion.

As a result of the rain, the game was delayed nearly twenty minutes, which allowed me to see the first pitch, and that was nice, I hadn't seen the first pitch of a baseball game live this season, due to the fact that I typically spend too much time drinking Natty Boh's in front of Pickles. Bergie, struck out the first batter and I really wish Trembley would have let him go out there in the ninth for the chance to get his first complete game shutout, but he went with Big George, and we ended up winning 3-1. If your counting, which you probably are not, the O's are now 4-2 in games I have attended this year. Friday, could be the seventh O's game I attend this season, and their going up against some young phenom named Tommy Hanson, and I'm hoping that another young phenom takes him deep because it's quite possible that I will be wearing my homemade jersey again.


After the game, I headed north with Siobhan back to the hometown and ended up at Fridays. Kari was bartending, and as far as bartenders go she is definitely one of the best. Fridays was having some "beach party" and I didn't really get the whole idea, nor did it really work. To be honest the NBA Finals seemed to be a bigger draw, than the "beach party" but either way, put me in a bar, and relieve me of my duty of being a responsible adult, and a good time is sure to follow. Throw Siobhan in the mix, and, you basically have two trains going head-on traveling at a high rate of speed. No one can be quite sure when the two trains will collide, but a wreck is inevitable, its just a matter of time. Within moments of my arrival to Fridays, I ran into the Payne Train and it's at that point where things really started to get dicey. Next thing, I know I'm at Casey's, Payne and I are talking thoughts of hitting up Firehouse for an after party and Siobhan is feeding everyone shots. The Payne Train after party never quite happened, well it may have, I just didn't make it there, but there are rumors via Facebook of a Beer Olympics at his apartment on Sunday and I will most definitely not miss that one, because if you take the Payne Train, and take his apartment in Towson Woods, and feature a Beer Olympics, trouble is sure to follow. Supposedly, this is going to be the last hurrah at Payne and Dagro's apartment, and that is most definitely a shame, because the kids have had some good one's in the past and I'm sure with it being a competition, there will be plenty of formidable squads because as Big Juicy and Smedium well know, when it comes to playing beer games for money, the Payne Train is not one to mess around with. Supposedly, Smedium still owes him 100bucks or something over a game of ruit. Anyways, I will have to invite Curley, because the last time he ventured north of Baltimore City to the house of Payne, well let's just say even the doctor's were saying "Thanks for playing."

No comments: