Friday, December 25, 2009

Supposedly, Courage Can Come in Many Forms


Brady Anderson once hit 50 homeruns in a single season. Buster Douglas once knocked out Mike Tyson. Michael Jordan played minor leaugue baseball and Ricky Williams played in the Canadian Football League. In the world of professional sports, strange things are bound to happen and that may be what makes sports so amazing. However, most recently another strange thing happened, something that most definately does not make sports awesome. Michael Vick was awarded the Ed Block Courage Award. Michael Vick? Courage? Really? I would just like to know when Michael Vick displayed courage. Did he display courage when he was electricuting dogs? Maybe he displayed courage when he was drowning the dog? Or perhaps he showed courage when he fought off the gang rape in federal prison? He could have possibly shown courage when he returned to play quarterback in the NFL to only take less snaps than Keith Null, Charlie Frye, Kyle Boller, or Ryan Fitzpatrick? But I guess I will never know, I will just have to trust the National Football League and accept the fact that Michael Vick is a courageous man and go on with my life. I do want to add one more thing though. Despite the award, Michael Vick is still not invited to my birthday party.

New Years is rapidly approaching and I currently don't have a clue as to what I'm going to do. Last year in my blog, I mentioned my thoughts on New Years and they haven't changed a bit. In my mind, it's just another day of the year, but yet a lot of people my age get all hyped up about it and try and come up with crazy complex ideas. Some people I know are spending upwards of 100$ for tickets to certain bars that offer an all-you-can-drink special. These so called specials are topped off with a champage toast at midnight. The whole idea is really quite silly, except if your the owner of the bar. He's gotta make a killing that night because I highly doubt there are too many people who actually drink 100 bucks with of alcohol in a single night. Ugh, it's just silly. Quite frankly, I'd rather play Uno with Pat at some dive bar, but I don't see that happening, as Pat will probably be pretty busy serving alcohol at the Rec Room.


If you have ever read this blog, you know I have a strange fascination with horrible horror movies. So you can imagine my excitement when I came across "Santa's Sley," a movie where former WWF superstar Bill Goldberg plays Santa Claus with a catch. The catch being that Santa Claus is really the devil and has been forced to give out presents for the past 1,000 years as part of a curse, but now his 1,000 years are up and Santa is looking for blood. It's pretty awful and by pretty awful, I mean pretty awesome. Any movie that begins with Santa sliding down the chimney and slicing up Fran Drescher is definitely worth watching.

I have a bit more to say, but I'm getting tired, so that will do for now.

No comments: