Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Sexy Liberal from Vermont



I spent several hours today scrubbing and closing out files and if you have ever spent several consecutive hours scrubbing files, you would soon realize that it can get quite tedious. After a while my mind began to wander astray and somehow I began to think of a certain female I became associated with during my freshman year at Hofstra. My freshman year at Hofstra was really quite the experience, but if there was anyone there that could bring about some dramatic flair it was without a doubt this particular girl. Now, before I go into some of the finer details of this young lady, I will give you a brief synopsis of my lifestyle at the time.

Shortly after I was enrolled, I was given the contact information of the dude I was going to be living with and was also made aware that I had been place in a suite and would be living with four other dudes as well. The letter strongly insisted that I can contact my to be roommate as did my mother, but I believed that contacting some dude in Philadelphia that I had never spoked to before was odd and went about living my life. The whole summer passed and I never happened to receive a call from an Adam Golder of Philadelphia either. I arrived to my room shortly before Adam, and was instantly informed by the RA of the building that due to an increase in enrollment I would be sharing a room that had been once designed as a single with someone else. Shortly thereafter, Adam and his family arrived and it didn't take long for the parental units to start complaining about the whole situation. Eventually they stopped their whining and got out of our way and it is right here that things started to get a bit interesting. With both of our parental units now set on traveling south, Adam was now set to make his first real remarks. And his exact words were " Look, this room's tiny as shit and if the two of us are gonna live here together and get along I need to know the answer to two questions. Number 1: Do you drink? and number 2: Do you smoke weed?" When I responded yes to both of those questions, Adam was quite pleased, told me to call him Chuck, and said " I got plenty of money, now, let's go find somebody with a car and somebody that knows how to get some booze."
An hour later, with the help of our suite mate Paulo who was on the soccer team, we had found a ride and were walking home with three thirty packs. A few hours later, we were having the biggest party on campus. By the end of the first month, our place had established itself as the third best place for Hofstra students to party only behind two bars that were quite lien ant on fake id's. There was some website where student's could vote on particular things around the campus and one of the polls was where is the best place to party. The first was this bar called McPhebes, the second was a bar called Bogart's, and the place with the third most votes was none other than room 1324 of the New York building.

With each passing day, it seemed that Chuck and I were hosting another party, and meeting more and more people. I felt like I had become well accustomed with everyone in my building rather quickly and it wasn't until I traveled home that I realized there may have been a few people that I missed. We returned to New York rather late, it was probably past midnight, and to no surprise, Chuck had quite the crew gathered in 1324. After pushing my way through the crowd of people, I noticed three particular girls sitting atop of Chuck's bed that quickly caught my fancy. I was even more surprised when I found out that the three girls lived directly across from us and despite all the time that had passed, I hadn't as much as even passed them once in the hall. We had made several attempts to bring their other roommates over, but they were far from the most receptive girls and typically complained about out rowdy behavior.

It didn't take long for one of these girls to make a noticeable impression on me. I don't know if it was simply her stunning good looks or her irresistible charm, but the girl definitely had a certain awe to her. Her name was Tita, well I believe her real name was Alex, but she referred to herself as Tita, and she was definitely not one to avoid social confrontation. It wasn't long before ol' Tita was ripping into me for my so called southern accent, eating meat at every meal, wearing a camouflage hunting cap, and proudly admitting that I would be voting for George W in the 04' election. Tita was a tree loving, vegan, liberal that hailed from Vermont and was on the Howard Dean bandwagon. These type of girls typically tend to avoid socializing with people like myself, but despite our differences she still managed to accept me for what I was and we soon began to see a lot of this girl. With her now a part of our regular weekend activities, we soon found out that after a few alcoholic beverages she had a special knack for falling. A knack for falling so much that not even Julia could compete with this girl.

Things soon became a bit complicated as this young raging confrontational liberal vixen managed to capture the attention of nearly every guy we associated with. Whether it was Jesse, Ron, Reno, Chuck, Myles, myself, or the entire starting defensive line, someone was usually doing their best to try and tame this wild broad, but, alas, none of us ever had any success. Last time I spoke to the girl was when Ross and I made quite possibly the greatest road trip of all time on my spur of the moment decision to make the trip to Long Island. I went with Leslie and Jenna, the other two room mates of Tita's to pick her up from the train station, like myself, she dropped out of Hofstra, and it was the same girl I had become so accustomed to spending time with. It wasn't long before she was ripping into me for my Southern Draw and one she got rumor of my DWI, a whole whirlwind was set off. Several hours and a few bruises later, she was on her way back to the city. Ever since that weekend road trip, I've wondered what kinda antics that crazy girl has gotten herself into.Last I heard she was cocktail waitressing at some bar in Manhattan, so I guess if I ever head up to the Big Apple, and stumble into a bar, which is almost a certainty, and happen to hear a loud collapse to the floor, I may just have to look over my shoulder to find a bunch of guys offering their services to help the girl up.


Note: The girl picture above is not Tita, I just googled sexy Cocktail Waitress and she was the first one to catch my attention.

No comments: