Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ramblings from the Big Scar

So, I closed my last post by noting that Townsend had called me saying he was running from his house to mine and it had been 37 minutes, I was curious about his where-abouts. Anyways, he finally made it with a time of 78minutes. For those of you who don't know, I live right off Aigburth, and Townsend lives basically right off Taylor and Harford, a pretty good hike. He is still complaining that his body hurts from the run.

This past Wednesday night was the first time I decided to venture out since PhD's decided to cut a chunk into my skull and stitch it back up. I went with my friends Andy and Damon to play trivia at this god awful hotel called the Ramada. Now, the Ramada hotel is located on the corner of Joppa Road and Loch Raven Blvd, nearing the Towson-Parkville border. However, for some reason this place finds it possible to make establishments in Essex and Dundalk, two of my least favorite places, seem like the Taj Mahal. There were drunk assholes rambling about stupid nonsense, constant cheating, one hell of an annoying host, and a 10 dollar whore. Well, I don't quite know her price, but I know two things. One, she was a whore and two, at the Ramada who really has more than 10$to spend. Anyways, we took first place which gave us $50 cash, and I had had enough and went to bed right after despite being tempted to visit Pat at the Get Bent Lounge. Props to Damon for the name there.

The following day, I also ventured out into the public again. This time I saw the movie "Four Christmases" starring Vince Vaughn, with my friend Siobhan. Siobhan is a white girl, by the way. The movie was actually hysterical throughout and I enjoyed it quite much. If you have time, I highly recommend that you go see see the movie, it's worth the price of admission. Although, I leave you with one bit of advice. When leaving Towson Commons, remember to get your parking sticker validated, otherwise, your paying $11 to park to see a damn movie.

Now we've come to Friday. Friday was the big day, that I got to back to the lovely University of Maryland Hospital and have my Staples removed my some even lovelier lady named Eleanore. While it wasn't the most pleasant experience, it was far from the worst, until the end when I mentioned to Eleanore that I was running out of pain medications and she went on this long rant in front of my mother about how young adults don't handle pain well anymore and need to stick to Tylenol and avoid drug dependencies, that cause them to become addicted to prescription drugs. My mom bought into this whole theory, and ran me out of the hospital. But the whole time I was thinking, " Listen, you crazy old wench, my brain just got cut open and it still hurts like hell. Tylenol doesn't do anything and I am not a person to get addicted to painkillers, so give me some stronger shit." Anyways, I'm sure I can call an actual doctor who will agree with and I will be okay, regardless of Eleanore's belief system.

Tonight is a big game for the Ravens and to be honest it scares me a lot. We play what appears to be a must win game on the road on primetime, against the team in the Nfl with the most amount of players who you could throw "Fing" in as their middle name and it would work perfectly. Most notably, Tony Fing Romo and Terrell Fing Owens. Hopefully, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and the rest of our defense can shut these pre-madonnas up enough to come away with the victory. I do plan on venturing out for the game tonight as well, my friend Jamal is a huge Cowboys fan and isn't working I may meet up with him for the game. So if you read this and are around, give me a buzz.

That's it for today, folks. Just a prelude one of my next updates will be about the 10 most memorable sporting events that I've witnessed. I'm excited about this one and have been thinking about it for a while. But until next time............

No comments: